Faculty and Staff
- In July, Mae Davenport was promoted to Professor, and in September, she was appointed as Director of Graduate Studies for the Natural Resources Science and Managment Graduate Program. She served as interim in this role since June of 2016.
- In July, Associate Professor Andy David was named Director of the Cloquet Forestry Center and Hubachek Wilderness Research Center. He served as interim in this role since November of 2015.
- A team of three reviewers from the Society of American Foresters visited Green Hall over three days in September to review the curriculum of the Forest Ecosystem Management and Conservation track and Urban and Community Forestry track within the Forest and Natural Resource Management major.
- 85 students are enrolled within the Forest and Natural Resource Management program for Fall 2017.
- 325 students are enrolled within the Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management program for Fall 2017.
- 30 students enrolled in the Introductory Field Session in August at the Cloquet Forestry Center. This was the highest enrollment in over ten years.
- In Spring 2018, Associate Professor Joe Knight and Unmanned Aerial Systems Coordinator Dan Heins are offering a new course entitled Drones: Data, Applications and Operations. Students will get to practice piloting drones and will explore principles and techniques of UAS, applied to natural resource and environmental issues.
In mid-November, faculty, staff, students and alumni will attend the Society of American Foresters National Convention in Albuquerque, NM. If you are attending the SAF Convention, we hope you will attend an alumni and friends reception. The details are as follows:
University of Minnesota Alumni and Friends Reception
Thursday, November 16, 2017, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Albuquerque Convention Center, Santa Ana Room
Hors d’oeuvres served along with a cash bar