USDA Forest Service and other publications useful to researchers
USDA, Forest Service, Division of Private Forestry, Washington, D.C.
- USDA Forest Service, Division of Private Forestry. 1940. Forestry on Private Timberlands: A Pictorial Record of What Some Private Timberland Owners int he United States Are Doing to Keep Their Forest Lands Productive. Misc. Pub. No. 381, Washington, D.C.: USDA Forest Service Division of Private Forestry. (.pdf)
USDA, Forest Service, Lake States Forest Experiment Station and North Central Forest Experiment Station
- Gevorkiantz, S. R., and L. P. Olsen. 1955. Composite Volume Tables for Timber and Their Application in the Lake States (.pdf). Lake States Forest Experiment Station Technical Bulletin no. 1104. Washington, D.C.: USDA Forest Service.
- Stoeckeler, J.H., and C. Arbogast, Jr. 1955. Forest Management Lessons from a 1949 Windstorm in Northern Wisconsin and Upper Michigan. Station Paper no. 34. St. Paul, MN: USDA Forest Service, Lake States Forest Experiment Station.
- Guilkey, P. C., B. Granum, and R.N. Cunningham. 1954. Forest Statistics for Minnesota 1953. Station Paper no. 31. St. Paul, MN: USDA Forest Service, Lake States Forest Experiment Station.
- Hahn, J. T. 1984. Tree Volume and Biomass Equations for the Lake States (.pdf). Research Paper NC-250. St. Paul, MN: USDA Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station.
- Programs and Organizations Affecting the Use, Management, and Protection of Forests: An Assessment of Agencies Located Across the Organizational Landscape of State Governments (.pdf) June 2001. Paul V. Ellefson, Robert J. Moulton, Michael A. Kilgore
Natural Resources Special Report
A series of short, practical publications designed to provide private forest landowners with clear answers to emerging questions regarding Natural Resources issues in Minnesota.
- Minnesota's Sustainable Forest Incentive Act: A Landowner's Guide (.pdf) Vol. 1, No. 1, March 2002. Michael A. Kilgore.
A copy of the application is available on the Minnesota Department of Revenue website. Applications for SFIA may be done each year.
- White Pine Symposium Proceedings: History, Ecology, Policy, and Management (.pdf), September 16-18, 1992
- Improving Forest Productivity for Timber: A Key to Sustainability, December 1-3, 1998